Let's talk about that task. We all have a lot of them we work on every single day but where do all of these tasks live? If you're like me, you probably had a notebook, an agenda, used a calendar app and spent a lot of your time searching your emails. Meet TimeHero. The app that is changing the way we work by giving us one place for all of our tasks and events.
TimeHero makes it as easy as possible for you to get your tasks into the app by using natural language processing so you can add your tasks the way you talk. Not sure what that means? I wasn't either so allow me explain. You can type in 'Write market report for 1hr before next Monday' and TimeHero will pull in the task name, duration and due date. Press enter and the task will be scheduled into your calendar. Easy right? TimeHero tasks are pretty powerful so keep reading to find out all about that task.
Adding tasks to TimeHero:
There are a few places you can add tasks in TimeHero so we thought it might be a good idea to show you exactly how you can add your tasks.
The "NEW" Button:
This is definitely one of the most used buttons in TimeHero. You can add new tasks, events, projects, workflow projects, invite team members, or folders. But for the purpose of this post we are going to focus on using the “NEW” button to add tasks.
- Click the “NEW” button from most screens within TimeHero and select Task
- In the bottom left of the Create a task screen you’ll see your Team name. Select this and you can change what team and project your task will be created in.
- Type in your task name, duration and due date and press enter.
- DONE. TimeHero has now scheduled your task for you.
In a project or workflow project:
- Navigate to the project or workflow project that you want to add your task to.
- At the bottom of the list you will see + Add a task, click this.
- Type in your task, duration and due date and press enter.
- Sweet, TimeHero just scheduled another task for you.
NOTE: If you are adding tasks to an already launched workflow project, this task will not be saved to the workflow project template. See The Power of Workflow Projects to find out more about using TimeHero’s workflow project templates.
Click and drag in your calendar view:
- Navigate to the day you want to add the task.
- Click at the time you want to start working on that task and drag to the end time. For example, if it is a 1hr task that you want to start at 10am, click at 10am and drag to 11am.
- TimeHero will pin your tasks to that scheduled time so it cannot be pushed by other tasks you add to TimeHero.
Parts of a task:
TimeHero wants to help you keep everything in one place to make it easier for you focus on the task at hand. Every TimeHero task has a task details pane where you can see the activity feed, attach files, comment on tasks and track the status right in TimeHero. No more follow up emails or tracking people down to find out where they are at with their tasks. Just open TimeHero, click your task and see what you're looking for in one place.
- Details - You can give your task a description, move to another project, reschedule, set due or start dates, see the task risk, change the duration and reassign tasks all within your task details.
- Activity Feed - The life cycle of your task. See when a task was created, if it has been rescheduled or reassigned. You can also attach files and comment on the task.
- Files - All of the files you attach to a task can be found here.
- Subtasks - Each task in a project can have subtasks that are assignable and can be scheduled. These tasks will take on the due date of the parent task.
So now you know that TimeHero schedules your tasks, allows you to easily collaborate with your team around each task and keeps you updated on the risk level - but that's not all. TimeHero will remind you to reconcile your tasks so nothing ever slips through the cracks. Whenever a task is past it’s scheduled date and hasn't been marked as complete, the reconciler will show up in the bottom of your screen. This is where you can go in and complete a task, add more time, reschedule the task, delegate to someone else on your team or delete it.
If you’re using TimeHero already, great! We hope you’re loving it. If you are still trying to decide if TimeHero is right for you, check out our Knowledge Base to find out more about TimeHero’s amazing features.